Breakthrough Strategy is a Forex-related trading solution that executed a breakout strategy on a real account with mediocre success. The system was released on August 3, 2020. The current version is 2.0. The last update occurred on February 16, 2021.
How Breakthrough Strategy works
The presentation is short. It looks like the developer doesn’t want to share details of how the system works with us.
- The advisor was designed to execute deals for us automatically.
- The developer provides us with relevant settings files.
- He shares intel of how the system should be tested.
- We are allowed to work with AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, CADCHF, EURCAD, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURNZD, EURUSD, GBPCAD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NZDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY.
- The system is delivered in the MT4 version as well.
- GMT Offset should be set automatically.
- Half of the presentation explains time settings.
- We can work with a single magic number on other pairs.
- It executes a breakout strategy.
- We can work with 18 pairs.
- The time frame wasn’t mentioned.
The presentation doesn’t include any sign of backtest reports. It’s a con because any released strategy must have been tested properly to convince us that it’s safe.
Breakthrough Strategy trading results
We have a real account on IC Markets with 1:500 leverage. The maximum drawdown is 43.1%. The maximum deposit load is 52.3%. The accuracy is 75.7%. The account has low reliability. It has been working for 199 weeks. An initial deposit was $100. The growth is 1491%.
The system has lost eight months. It’s much for a professional trading solution.
An average trade frequency is four deals weekly. An average trade length is two days.
The robot works with quite deep SL levels.
The system closed 1921 orders. The best trade is $150.69 when the worst trade is -$390.40. The recovery factor is 1.61. The profit factor is 1.33. An average win is $6.84 when an average loss is -$15.96.
The most-traded cross pair is GBPCAD.
We have only half pairs that are profitable and viable to work. We may note that the robot has lost 13 pairs. It’s unprofessional for a paid advisor without refunds.
Pricing & refund
The system costs $197. It’s a common price for this type of robot. The rental options cost $30 for a month and $60 for three months. The system is delivered without a money-back guarantee because of the MQL5 delivering policy. All sales are final. We can download the system for a demo usage. It helps us top check settings and execute some backtests to find the best parameters to start work with. It allows also to find the best broker on which tick data it will work better.
There’s an endless wall of negative testimonials. In fact, the robot doesn’t have a news filter to protect us.
The system doesn’t look trustworthy. The main reason is that the developer didn’t increase an account balance to make more profits from trading. It means he doesn’t trust it all the way.