Marqeta Inc. (MQ, -1.00%)
- Surging 19% after announcing a deal renewal with Block Inc.‘s SQ, -2.55% Cash App.
- Marqeta, known for its card-issuing technology, addressed a major investor overhang.
Take-Two Interactive Inc. (TTWO, -0.74%)
- Shares rose 3% as the highly anticipated sequel of ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ approaches in 2024.
- The upcoming release had a forgiving effect on the company’s outlook.
Toast Inc. (TOST, -0.74%)
- Rising 13% as the maker of payment technology for the restaurant industry achieved positive free cash flow for the first time since its IPO.
Lyft Inc. (LYFT, +5.38%)
- Initially rallied after reporting quarterly results but experienced an 8% drop in premarket trade.
- A ride-sharing service.
Axon Enterprises Inc. (AXON, -2.19%)
- Rallied 10% in the extended session Tuesday following better-than-expected earnings.
- Known for being the maker of TASER devices.
Remember to do your own research before making any investment decisions.
Penn Entertainment Inc. Partners with ESPN Bet
Shares of Penn Entertainment Inc. (PENN, -0.68%) soared by an impressive 13% following the company’s announcement of a partnership with Walt Disney Co.’s ESPN. This collaboration involves rebranding Penn’s sportsbook as ESPN Bet. In contrast, shares of rival sports-betting company DraftKings Inc. (DKNG, +0.25%) witnessed a 6% decline, while Flutter Entertainment (FLTR, -5.27%), the owner of FanDuel, also reported disappointing results, resulting in a slump in their London trade shares.
Twilio Inc. Surpasses Revenue and Earnings Expectations
Twilio Inc. (TWLO, -5.18%) experienced a 6% increase in its stock price after the software company reported impressive revenue and earnings that exceeded the predictions made by Wall Street analysts.
Duolingo Inc. Achieves Strong Second-Quarter Results
Unfortunately, not all companies fared well during this period:
- Super Micro Computers Inc. (SMCI, -1.67%) experienced an 11% drop in shares due to a less optimistic outlook provided by the AI server maker.
- ZipRecruiter Inc. (ZIP, +1.93%) observed a significant downturn of 15% after reporting quarterly earnings that exceeded expectations. However, the company also noted that employers are becoming less willing to pay for job ads, resulting in a decrease in the number of job openings.
- Upstart Holdings Inc. (UPST, -0.42%) disappointed investors with its third-quarter revenue forecast, resulting in an 18% decline in the financial-technology company’s shares.
IAC Inc. Shares Dip as Second-Quarter Results Fall Short of Expectations
Shares of IAC Inc. witnessed a significant decline of 9% following the release of their second-quarter results, which failed to meet market expectations. This drop in share value reflects the disappointment among investors concerning the company’s financial performance during this period.
Despite its existing strong position in the media industry, IAC Inc. faced challenges in meeting market forecasts. The company will need to reassess its strategies and seek ways to regain investor confidence moving forward.